Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Five Lists of Ten

In celebration of the ten months I will spend in Morocco, I've decided to take a study break from APs and make five lists of ten! Enjoy!

Ten Things I'm Excited For
1. Feeling the plane wheels touch down in Rabat and knowing that THIS is my new home.
2. Meeting my host family and seeing their house!
3. Going to school and making Moroccan friends!
4. Our trips around Morocco!
5. Becoming close with my fellow YES-ers.
6. Gaining insight on the United States from a Moroccan perspective.
7. Learning more about Islam and hearing the call to prayer.
8. Going to the souk and bargaining!
9. Our Arabic classes!
10. Living in a BIG city!

Ten Things I Will Miss
1. My family and friends (obviously)
2. My dog, Amber
3. My house
4. My awesome English class.
5. Swim team
6. The bike path near my house
7. My Girls on the Run Team
8. My room
9. Being able to understand what's being said all the time
10. Wearing shorts

Ten Things I Will Take With Me
1. TOMS
2. Laptop
3. journal
4. Longer skirts/dresses
5. host family gifts
6. scrapbook
7. Christmas ornaments
8. scarves
9. Cameras
10. My blankie (can't leave the country without it)

Ten Things I Will Leave Behind (Material wise)
1. cell phone
2. books
3. hair straightener
4. shorts
5. tank tops
6. Mini Christmas tree (hoped to bring it, but too big)
7. Winter boots and coats (yay!)
8. Krumkaka iron (used to make Norwegian Christmas cookies)
9. all of my old journals and scrapbooks
10. most of my dresses

Ten Places in Morocco I Want to Go
1. Kasbah
2. Fes
3. Marrakesh
4. Essaouira
5. Atlas Mountains
6. King's Palace
7. Beach
8. Chellah
9. Hassan Tower
10. National library

5*10=50, the number of days left until our PDO in Washington D.C.! Can't wait for PDO and the adventure ahead! Until next time, ma'a salaama!

No comments:

Post a Comment