Sunday, July 14, 2013

Little Moments Along the Way

47 days until I leave. And counting. Each second brings me closer to my impending departure. I've taken some photos to capture the little moments in the past few days, because the small things we do add up to a big part of the journey. Since my last post, I have:


Worked at this concert, hosted by The City of Portage to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our town! It was quite good! 


Decorated this journal for my exchange! I think it says Morocco on the front cover but that all depends on Wikipedia's accuracy. 


Made this lovely puzzle after an intense round of Bananagrams! Love that game. 


Tie dyed a pair of shorts with the help of Pinterest! 

And last, but certainly not least, I have become the owner of an IPhone. Which, among other things, has allowed me to take numerous selfies. Somehow, I have enough dignity left not to post them all for the whole wide world to see. 

Before I sign off, I'd like to send my best wishes to the YES abroad Malaysia group, who depart for their gateway orientation tomorrow! May the journey be as eye opening, challenging and fulfilling as it has the potential to be. You're off the great places, you're off and away, and I know you all will do so well. Stay safe and strong, and share your stories as often as possible. 

One last note: Ramadan started less than a week ago--for those who do not know, Ramadan takes place during the 9th month of the Islamic calendar. Muslims all over the world abstain from eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset. It is a time to cleanse the soul, recognize our privilege, and practice selflessness. Though I'm not  Muslim, those are things I will try to keep in mind this month. Ramadan Kareem, friends.

Thanks for reading! 














No comments:

Post a Comment