Friday, August 30, 2013

24 Hours

Just a short 24 hours before I depart for Morocco! I want to comment on the outstanding support I have received from my community in the past weeks. I am grateful to everyone--from my former swim coach, to my hairdresser, to the cashier at the grocery to store, and to all my friends--for their kindness and curiosity. My heart (and email inbox) have been overflowing with words of encouragement and wisdom, and a simple thank you does not express my gratitude. Here's pictures of what I've been up to in the last couple days!

I've been trying to visit my favorite restaurants/coffee shops. 


My high school's first football game.

 
One of my dear friends & I before the game. 


My mom gave me a matching infinity bracelet.


I've watched many lovely lake sunsets!

Many goodbyes have been said, as wells as hugs given and promises exchanged to keep in touch and write letters. 

There are exactly 24 hours until my flight lifts off from Grand Rapids! I've been overwhelmed by excitement, nervousness, and sadness in the past couple days but right now I am strangely calm. For the past six Labor Day weekends, my family has hosted 20 something of our oldest friends from Chicago, and this year is no exception. I'm so excited to spend time with these people before I leave, and I can't think of a better send off!




No comments:

Post a Comment