Saturday, August 17, 2013

Waiting On the World to Change

With 14 days before I leave, I've decided to revisit my bucket lists.
Before I Leave Home:
1. Stargaze [x] Multiple times!
2. Go to a concert [ ] This did not happen.
3. Go to the beach [x] Yes, and I got to watch this beautiful sunset!

4. Start driving again. [x] Barely, but I'm still checking this.
5. Get a job [x] I worked a ton, and for the most part, loved it!
6. Have a going away party. [x] My friend held a wonderful party for me.
7. Go to the used book store next to my high school and the cafe there. [x] When I wrote this I wasn't imagining going there multiple times every week for two months, but that's what happened. And I loved it!
8. Try not to let the sophomore slump get to me [x] In the end, I survived.
9. Write letters to my family. [ ] This hasn't happened yet but still will!
10. Study French [x] I have, though certainly not enough.
11. See The Five Founders [x] I'm going to check this because I saw one of them in person and talked to all of them over the phone.
12. Learn some Arabic [x] lyeh (yes in Moroccan Arabic)
13. Spend time outside. [x] I went for a sunrise paddle!
14. Buy Morocco appropriate clothes. [x] A work still in progress!
15. Fast during Ramadan to learn what it's like [ ] I let the month slip away from me!
16. Make a scrapbook of life here for my host family. [x] I also made a recipe book.

All in all I'm pretty happy! Two things that did not happen, one that is yet to happen, and thirteen things checked off! Hopefully I'll be just as successful with my Morocco bucket list. I'm anxious for my departure, and at this point, ready as I'll ever be to start the adventure! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment