Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Beginning

Hi there! I'm Catherine, and I'm going to be living my dream as an exchange student in Rabat, Morocco, for the 2013-2014 school year! On Friday, April 12th, 2013, I received the email that changed my life. The subject line read: YES Abroad Program in Morocco. As soon as I read it, I fell onto the ground and started hugging my mom, screaming, and crying.  For the past eleven months, I have hoped for and dreamed about this moment--the one where I would go from a YES hopeful to a YES finalist. I discovered YES Abroad through a google search for "study abroad in Morocco" and getting to the finalist stage has been an incredible journey in it of itself. I'm so thankful to everyone who has helped me along the way, there's too many of you to name but I will miss you all next year!
I've created this blog to share my experience (and whatever happens next) with my friends back home, my family (my mom in particular), my fellow exchange students all over the world, and all those interested in exchange! I hope to reflect on my journey, both physically as I travel to Morocco and internally as I change and grow, spread the word about the YES Abroad program, and encourage everyone, no matter your circumstances, to chase your dreams and explore your community.
I'm so excited to make a new home for myself in Rabat, and I'll be back soon with more information about myself and the YES Abroad program. I love YES Abroad!


No comments:

Post a Comment